Owning a waterfront home is a rare privilege – not only are waterfront properties in limited supply, but they’re also highly coveted. You know you’ve scored a big win if you are able to acquire waterfront property.
Benefits of Buying a Waterfront Home
- Water activities. Living by the water gives you access to a wide range of water-based activities. You can enjoy swimming, sunbathing, fishing, and boating, depending on the season. This lets you live an active lifestyle, one that brings you close to nature.
- Stunning views. Enjoy a view of Lake Norman is every room when you invest in a lakefront home in North Carolina. The view of the water is soothing and relaxing, allowing you to unwind after a long day at work. It will undoubtedly impress your friends and family when you entertain them, providing the perfect backdrop for birthdays and other special occasions.
- Privacy. If you’re looking for peace and privacy, living by the water is an excellent choice. The serene environment is conducive to rest and relaxation, being miles away from the hustle and bustle of the city. You’ll have fewer neighbors, and there will be fewer vehicles to obscure your view.
- Investment. Waterfront real estate is one of the best investments you’ll ever make. It has superb resale value – market studies show that lakefront home values rise quickly above the original price. Since houses by the water are in limited supply, waterfront properties are generally seen as desirable. Moreover, waterfront homes retain their value much longer.
Waterfront properties also present a good rental opportunity. There are countless individuals who want to rent lakeside homes for the very same reasons you want to own one. A home by the water gives them a chance to have fun and relax in an environment that is far removed from their day-to-day lives.
Tips for Choosing a Waterfront Home
- Work with an experienced real estate agent. Not all agents are well-versed in waterfront real estate, so find one who is knowledgeable in lakeside homes and the area where you’re hoping to make a purchase.
- Keep in mind that you’re buying more than just a home. When buying waterfront real estate, you’re paying for more than just the house itself. You’re also paying for spectacular views, privacy, ease of access to the water, and various other elements. It’s difficult to put a price on lake views and privacy, but keep in mind that these are rolled into your purchase.
- Research. When buying a waterfront home, do research on water activities, fishing seasons, boating regulations, and the average depths of the water. Having this information beforehand will help you determine whether or not the property is for you.
- Decide how often you’ll use it. Some buyers choose to stay in waterfront homes on a seasonal basis, usually during the summer, while others stay in their property year-round. Determining how often you’ll realistically use the property will help you decide whether or not the purchase will be worth it.
Why Buy a Waterfront Home in NC?
North Carolina is known for pristine bodies of water like Lake Norman. It is also home to prestigious lakeside communities like Cornelius and Davidson. It is one of the best places to buy waterfront property in the United States, especially for those who enjoy nature and water-based activities.
I, Julie Anselmo, can give you information on NC’s finest waterfront communities. Call me today at 704-576-8050 to get started.