Condo living is perfect for those who like a manageable, easy-to-maintain residence. While preferred by retirees and single professionals, condos come in a variety of styles and layouts to suit every lifestyle.
Here’s why you should invest in a condo.
Features and Amenities of a Condo
Condo buildings often have shared areas where residents can relax and meet new people. These typically include:
- Gardens. Most condo buildings can be found in urbanized areas where there are few green spaces. That’s why developers make an effort to include greenery in their designs. Buyers can look forward to impeccably maintained gardens and landscaped grounds where they can escape from the chaos of city life.
- Function rooms. These rooms can be used for meetings, community events, and private events. Residents and their guests can gather in a single space to share ideas, make decisions, hold activities, and celebrate special occasions.
- Fitness centers. With health and fitness becoming a major concern for buyers, gyms have become a must-have amenity in any condo building. Top condo developments will often feature state-of-the-art fitness centers with an assortment of free weights, gym equipment, and even personal trainers.
- Swimming pools. Many people love being near the water, and because of this, swimming pools are a top amenity among modern condo developments. Condo buildings typically have a large pool in addition to a children’s pool and a hot tub.
- Walking or jogging paths. Jogging paths allow unit owners to indulge in some light physical activity on their days off. It’s common for condos to have jogging paths in their gardens or rooftop areas.
- Lobbies. Unit owners can receive and briefly entertain guests in the lobby. This is also where you’ll find the concierge or assistance desk.
Other amenities include:
- Parking. Parking is an important requirement for many buyers. Before making a purchase, it’s important to find out if there is a parking slot corresponding to the title of the property, and whether or not street parking is available.
- Storage units. Since condos usually have limited space, developers include additional storage units in the building. In some cases, buyers are allowed to have storage units built on or near their parking slots.
- Elevators. A building will often have several passenger elevators dedicated to residents and their guests, as well as freight elevators, for hauling heavy items like furniture.
Individual condo units can come with a variety of features, including:
- Custom cabinetry
- Granite, stone, or quartz countertops
- Stainless steel appliances
- Walk-in closets
- Extra storage
- Bonus rooms
- Laundry areas
Why Buy a Condo in South Charlotte?
Buying a condo lets you test the waters of homeownership. If you intend to purchase a single-family home in the future, condos give you a taste of what it’s like to have your own space but without the overwhelming demands of home maintenance.
It’s an excellent choice for those who want to downsize. The smaller space gives you fewer chores to deal with. It also forces you to pare down your items to the bare essentials, helping you eliminate clutter.
Management typically takes charge of repairs and upkeep, freeing up your time for other things like work, education, or leisure.